- Department of Music
- Early Music Ensemble
- Instrumental Jazz
- The Highty Tighties
- Linux Laptop Orchestra
- New River Valley Symphony
- Percussion and Marimba Ensemble
- Dwight Bigler - choral activities
- Ivica Ico Bukvic - composition, multimedia
- Vernon Burnsed - music education
- Robert Chafin - voice
- Richard Cole - history, literature
- Tracy Cowden - piano, vocal coach
- Jason Crafton - trumpet, jazz
- Elizabeth Crone - flute
- Jay Crone - trombone, department head
- Travis J. Cross - conducting, wind ensemble
- Michael Dunston - audio, recording, media production
- Wallace Easter - horn
- John M. Floyd - percussion
- James Glazebrook - violin, viola, orchestra
- Kent Holliday - piano, composition
- John Howell - history, arranging, historical instruments
- John Husser - bassoon, saxophone
- David Jacobsen - flute, saxophone
- Stephen E. King - music education
- Paul Langosch - jazz studies
- David McKee - Marching Virginians, university bands
- George McNeill - Highty-Tighties
- Polly Middleton - Marching Virginians, Pep Band, Campus Band
- Kelly A. Parkes - music education
- James Sochinski - theory
- Patrick Turner - music technology
- John L. Walker - oboe
- Alan Weinstein - cello, bass
- David Widder - clarinet
- Ariana Wyatt - voice
- ePortfolio Websites
Registration for the 2013 Virginia Tech Band Directors Institute & Conducting Workshop is now open! All of the spots for conducting participants have been filled, but there are an unlimited number of spots for non-conducting participants.
The Institute Registration Fee is $295 for conducting participants and $150 for non-conducting participants, which automatically includes a certificate for 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) that you may present to your building or district administration to aid in your licensure re-certification process. All participants should include a check for the appropriate registration fee made out to Treasurer, Virginia Tech, along with the registration form. The registration deadline is May 31, 2013.
Additional graduate credits may be available through the Virginia Tech Graduate School. (We are currently revising the graduate course, a process which requires approval from several university committees.) If you are interested in the possibility of Virginia Tech graduate credit, please mark the appropriate box on the registration form, and you will receive additional information about tuition and fees for graduate credit and how to register. Checking this box does not obligate you to register for graduate credit. In 2011, the tuition and fees were approximately $370 in-state and $840 out-of-state for one credit and $660 in-state and $1600 out-of-state for two credits; tuition and fees for 2013 are still to be determined.
All participants in the Virginia Tech Band Directors Institute should download, print, fill out, and mail the Virginia Tech Band Directors Institute registration form to Virginia Tech, Continuing and Professional Education (0272), 702 University City Boulevard, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061. Please include a check for the appropriate registration fee made out to Treasurer, Virginia Tech.
Participants who wish to conduct and receive coaching and video feedback from the clinicians should check the appropriate box on the application form. There are 20 spots available for conducting participants, and they will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you are interested in the conducting option, be sure to return your registration form as soon as possible. You will be asked to select pieces to conduct from the Institute repertory at a later date.
If you have any questions or desire any assistance, please contact Travis J. Cross by e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (540-231-8502). E-mail is the most reliable means of communication!
Virginia Tech Symphonic Wind Ensemble