- Department of Music
- Dwight Bigler - choral activities
- Ivica Ico Bukvic - composition, multimedia
- Vernon Burnsed - music education
- Robert Chafin - voice
- Richard Cole - history, literature
- Tracy Cowden - piano, vocal coach, Faculty Chair
- Jason Crafton - trumpet, jazz
- Elizabeth Crone - flute
- Jay Crone - trombone, Assistant Director of the School of Performing Arts
- Michael Dunston - music technology, recording, media production
- Wallace Easter - horn
- James Glazebrook - violin, viola, orchestra
- Lee Heuermann - history, theory
- Kent Holliday - piano, composition
- John Howell - In Memoriam
- John Husser - bassoon, saxophone
- David Jacobsen - flute, saxophone
- Stephen E. King - music education
- Eric Lyon - composition
- Richard Masters - piano
- David McKee - Marching Virginians, university bands
- George McNeill - Highty-Tighties
- Polly Middleton - Marching Virginians, Pep Band, Campus Band
- Charles Nichols - composition, music technology
- Cyrus Pace - jazz
- Phillip Paglialonga - clarinet
- Kelly A. Parkes - music education
- Andrew Putnam - conducting, wind ensemble
- Patricia Raun - Director of the School of Performing Arts
- James Sochinski - theory
- Annie Stevens - percussion
- John L. Walker - oboe
- Alan Weinstein - cello, bass
- David Widder - Professor Emeritus
- Ariana Wyatt - voice
- ePortfolio Websites
2005 Ensemble Positions
The Virginia Tech Music Department will be holding auditions open to all Virginia Tech students for the following ensembles during the first week of classes, August 22-26:
University Symphonic Wind Ensemble and University Chamber Winds: USWE is Virginia Tech's premier wind band and consists of 55-60 instrumentalists. To sign up for an audition time, please visit 242-S Squires Student Center. Contact director Patrick Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-5503 for more information.
University Symphony Band: The ensemble performs a variety of symphonic band works, including traditional and contemporary wind literature and consists of approximately 80 instrumentalists. To sign up for an audition time, please visit 242-F Squires Student Center. Contact director David McKee at email@example.com or 231-5704.
University Choirs (Chamber Singers, Concert Choir, Women's Chorale, Men's Chorus and Symphonic Chorus): Contact director Brian Gendron at firstname.lastname@example.org, 231-8502, or visit 242-P Squires to sign up for an audition time. A prepared piece is not necessary, as the audition consists of vocalizing and sight-reading. Over 200 total voices needed.
University Jazz Ensemble: Informational meeting on August 23 at 12:30 p.m. in 243 Squires. Auditions will be held August 24 and 25. To sign up, please visit 240 Squires or contact director James Miley at email@example.com.
New River Valley Symphony: Contact conductor James Glazebrook at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-8501 to schedule an audition time or for more information.
Early Music Ensemble: Students interested in learning and performing music of the medieval, renaissance and baroque periods should contact director John Howell at John.Howell@vt.edu or at 157 Squires, or call 231-8411 to determine whether an audition is required. Both singers and instrumentalists are needed.
For more information on the Virginia Tech Music Department or public events presented by the department, please visit http://www.music.vt.edu or call 231-5200.